• Home


  • American Entropy is dedicated to the disruption and discrediting of neoconservative actions and the extreme ideals of the religious right.


    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Top Blogs

    My Zimbio



    Get Firefox!


    23 July 2007

    The CNN/YouTube Debate in Charleston, SC [Post II]

    AddThis Social Bookmark Button

    [10:50 PM]
    I'm about to sign off. There will be more pics tomorrow...

    My personal favorite is this one with Joe Trippi. Trippi had a lot of influence over me with respect to politics. He's a lot slimmer than I thought or pictured when reading his excellent book "The Revolution Will not be Televised."

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Here's my question that didn't get asked:


    I'm not that upset, it's more of a question for Republicans anyway. They have no idea how to fight the WoT on this front. There answer will involve 9/11 and al Qaeda and how they killed us and how we have to kill them. I don't object to that. But you got to kill the weed at the root and military force doesn't do that.

    :::

    [10:32 PM]
    Here are my picks.

    I liked the campaign submission to YouTube from Edwards the best. Anyone who used a comercial for their YouTube submission... weak.

    The best question was from (I believe) Gary Berry:
    QUESTION: Dear Presidential Candidates, see those three flags over my shoulder? They covered the coffins of my grandfather, my father, and my oldest son.

    QUESTION: Someday, mine will join them.

    I do not want to see my youngest sons join them.

    I have two questions. By what date after January 21st, 2009, will all U.S. troops be out of Iraq? And how many family members do you have serving in uniform?


    A close second...
    COOPER: Our next question is on a topic that got a lot of response from YouTube viewers. Let's watch.

    QUESTION: Hi. My name is Mary.

    QUESTION: And my name is Jen.

    QUESTION: And we're from Brooklyn, New York.

    If you were elected president of the United States, would you allow us to be married to each other?


    :::

    [8:40 PM]
    OK, as you know, the Google presence is here in the form of YouTube. But there brand is everywhere as well. Bright colors everywhere. Beanbag's for chairs. And the atmosphere is Google-esque as well. Have a look at the google-fied snack room:

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    All free.

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    :::

    [8:10 PM]
    So earlier today this guy showed up:

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    For those of you not from the lowcountry, this is libertarian/conservative shock jock radio host from our local Westwood One Citadel Broadcasting Corp. channel, Radio Free Rocky D. He's a die hard fair taxer. His cut off t-shirt said so. [Thanks to Chip in the comments for the correction. Rocky D was originally sitting at the Westwood One table, which means he probably had no business being there at all]

    So he came into radio row in the loudest possible fashion. He found out who I was with and started hassling me. Not a big deal but the guy is loud, he was there to be annoying. His Nixon-esque paranoia makes him blame everything on the government.

    Well, long story short, he doesn't have credentials anymore and has been out walking back and fourth on Summerall Field. Yup, he was kicked out... (by the same gigantic guy that threw me out of McAlister hours earlier) He was here for a total of 30 minutes prior to getting the boot.

    Westwood One and WTMA should send serious corespondents to events such as this. There is a chance that one the women and men on stage right now might become the president of our country. The other people sent by Westwood One seem pleasant and are acting professional. I know because they're sitting mere feet to my right. They're not there trying to build support for some dimwitted tax scheme. They are quietly covering an important event for SC and the USA. Bravo to the security crew for getting rid of this man.

    :::

    [7:45 PM]
    Adam Nagourney?

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Pretty sure. He was entering McAlister with the photo pool.

    :::

    [7:28 PM]

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    We ran into the man, Howard Dean, earlier. He, as you might imagine, was in a rush. But I got a few pics before he drove off...

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    :::

    [7:10 PM]
    In case your interested, this is what we were fed.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    And it was surprisingly good. Actually it was excellent!

    Having huge audio problems here. From what I can see from the spin room, you can see it at home as well. Hope they fix it.

    :::

    [6:51 PM]
    The candidates are being announced. Enjoy the "debate".

    Posted by Geoff


    Google

    AddThis Feed Button

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online


    B l o g R o l l




    Archives